Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wish List Done!!

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!

After many hours of talking to previous thru-hikers and gear "experts" I have assembled a list of the best gear to keep me safe, warm, healthy, and comfortable on this 2178 mile journey. You might ask yourself...why on EARTH would someone want to walk that many miles...well here is why:

I believe that our camping ministries (Laurel Ridge, Camp VanEs in Bruderheim AB, Mt. Morris WI, Camp Hope NJ, Camp Hope in Jamaica) are very important for ALL young people as they come to know God more closely. I believe this so strongly that I feel God calling me to action to DO something to spread the love that is felt, and the community that is shared in these special places. So I have taken on the commitment of a 6 month and 2178 mile journey on the Appalachian Trail, although I have giving my entire life to Him and His works where ever that may be. I feel that this is the direction he is leading me right now. In order to take on this task I am relying on other people to help me acquire the proper gear and food to ensure a successful journey. 

So if you feel like you could help support me then please feel free to call, email, and even come visit me and I will provide you with an updated wish list so that you may adopt and item, or adopt-a-drop, or donate to my stipend. Thank you all and look forward to hearing from you.

BradyMusic@gmail.com
9780768
501 South Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

www.laurelridge.org 


2 comments:

Suz said...

Hi Roman,
glad to find your blog for the AT!! Sending prayers for the gear to arrive. One note, Camp Hope is in Hope, NJ, not PA (though it's close to the border). Also Mt. Morris is in Wisconsin. Hope these help. Keep on bloggin'!

RDBrady said...

Thanks for the info...hope life is going well for you!!